Thursday 30 September 2010

alphabet spagetti

For my alphabet spagetti brief i chose to look at the letter m in the typeface Perpetua. Below are some quick experiments i did working around my chosen word "vanish." I tried to give the letter definition and meaning by coming up with themes relating to dissapearing or vanishing. 






The font below was used to inspire me for ideas towards creating my 10 samples. It was created by Oleg Portnoy and is called 'From Ancient to Modern.' I like the way each letter is slowly fading to black and almost disappearing off the page. The background of each letter form reminds me of bleach staining clothes, i like the flow the background gives to each letter and how they work well as a set.








http://www.typographyserved.com/gallery/From-Ancient-to-Modern/616009




Below are some of my illustrator examples working with negative space. I tried to make part of the letters vanish by replacing them with empty space and filling the areas around them black. This created the illusion that the parts of the letters were there when they were simply represented by the darker areas around them.










This typeface below is called Nucleus and each letter is created from 360 separate spikes that link to the centre. I liked how all the edges slowly dissolve almost like they're vanishing. I thought i could use this to inspire me with ideas for my project. 

http://www.damiankidd.co.uk/typefaces.html

Below is one of my final samples i created for my 10 outcomes. Each 10 ideas have a very different theme, the one below is meant to represent space and geometry, how shapes and lines when looked at mathematically can represent an area or selection of space.




No comments:

Post a Comment