Sunday 24 April 2011

What is a line? Buildings in Amsterdam

Conveniently as i was producing lots of experiments in my sketchbooks it just so happened i was going away on a break to Amsterdam with some friends. I thought this would be perfect to narrow down the theme of my work as i could use the trip as a research visit. There was one particular drawing that i really liked from my initial ideas, that being a single line drawing of a building. As i has been to Amsterdam and Holland before i knew how amazing the Dutch architecture was and as this was a subject that interested me i began to photograph different buildings to draw from when I was on holiday. Rather than big modern structures I focused on the 17th- 18th century architecture which is associated to Amsterdam.



















Fisheye Photographs




No comments:

Post a Comment