Thursday 3 March 2011

Developing my other 2 Posters

After producing my final type poster i wanted to move forward to creating my other 2 mainly image posters. My idea was to to create 2 separate posters but using the same layout, one based on Dusk and one based on Dawn. I would Vary the colours to fit in with each theme but keep the same composition when laying out my work.

Thumbnails/ Layout Ideas




After getting some solid ideas of how i was going to lay my work out i started to create some basic shapes to work with in illustrate as shown below. 








After mapping out my work i went ahead and started to create my "From Dawn poster."



I used a soft peach pastel colour to represent the pinks in the sky when dawn occurs, then imitated the style of Mark Waever as shown on my design context blog to create the mountains in the foreground.  I like how the collage works against the flat colour in the background creating a good contrast in depth. I then followed the same process to create my "From Dusk poster" but using more blues to show the difference between the two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment