Wednesday 2 March 2011

Developing my type

To start getting inital ideas i thought it would be a good idea to start developing the type i was going to use. I picked a typeface that i had in mind when we first got the brief. Bebas Neue seemed appropriate to house both my themes of day and night because of how universal it is.


Below are a few mock up ideas for the type i intend on using on my solely type poster. I used the words Daytime and Nighttime because i felt they flowed better than day and night because they're such short words. However i thought that having the words daytime and nightime just on their own didnt communicate anything so i came up with the frase "from daytime to nightime"

Handrawn Ideas



I wanted to create the impression that even though day and night are opposites they are really the same thing. I added brackets around my letters to try and give the impression the words were linked together and part of the same thing alike to my theme. 

Digital Ideas



I used the black circle to enclose the lettering together also doubling up as basic imagery of the sun or the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment