Friday 6 May 2011

In Design Workshop

After receiving the In design brief me and my partner (Matt Tucker) started to write a set of interview questions we could base each others article on. We wanted to be as open as possible so we could visually explore a range of subjects and ideas. We intended on trying to communicate each others characteristics as realistically as possible so we came up with some questions which remained very open but could be elaborated on more personally.

Our set of Questions/Answers

Matt's Interview;
How would you describe yourself?
Arty, creative, motivated when I want to be but all round pretty laid back.
What motivates / inspires you and why?
Print is really starting to inspire me, I really enjoy seeing how much of an affect print method and stock can have on the design.
What do you dislike doing?
Cleaning, writing essays& getting coaches for 5 hours back to London
What is your favorite possession?
My trainers I don’t like to pick favorites, but if I had to probably the grey suede air max 1’s.
If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
Hmm… designing and chilling with my London and uni mates
What was the last thing you ate?
Peri Peri Chicken sandwich with Thai sweet chili crisps in it
What’s your favorite drink?
At the moment Franks alcoholic ginger beer but I go through stages, ribena has got to be up there as well.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been?
Defiantly between Canada and Africa both were very different, but Elephant and Castle is also a pretty ‘interesting’ place.
Whose your favorite graphic designer / illustrator at the moment?
I don’t particularly have a favorite but I am really fond of the work being produced by ‘grand people’ and generation press at the moment. In terms of illustration I really like some of the work Eion Ryan is producing.
What are your plans for 2011?
Hopefully go to some festivals over summer, possibly inter-railing over Europe ending at Outlook festival in Croatia. Other than that get a good grade and
What’s your biggest failure?
Probably thinking that Yorkshire was in the midlands, but other than that not getting into Chelsea for foundation wasn’t to great but I loved my foundation year at LCC none the less.
 


My Interview; 


How would you Describe yourself?
A typical northerner who likes a wide spread of genres of music particularly liking technical metal/hardcore. Im about 6 foot, well built, big boned or to be honest just likes food a bit too much. Strong passion for illustration and drawing, hopefully my career will end up somewhere down the design route.
What motivates/inspires you? Why?
I'm inspired by most things creative whether its street art or typography, when you can pick out elements of design all around you its hard not to be inspired.
What do you dislike doing?
Washing up! Being harassed by club reps handing out flyers for event nights that I'm never going to attend. Waking up before 10 o clock.
What is your favourite possession?
My lomography fisheye camera.
What was the last thing you ate?
A bacon Butty and a coffee from cooplands haha.
Whats your favourite drink?
Jagermister mixed with mountain dew.
Whats the most interesting place you've been?
Alcatraz
If you knew that today was your last day on earth how would you spend it?
I'd meet up with my two closest friends Rob and Frank, go and have an enormous buffet and most likely do the same thing I do with them everyday.
What can you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Honestly, Id love to own a clothing company or skateshop selling prints and t-shirts.
What interests do you have outside of College.
Playing Guitar, making stencils, going on holiday, attempting to skateboard, screen printing, driving, sketching, sleeping, 
Who's your favourite graphic designer/illustrations at the moment?
At the moment, I really like Mark Waever's collaged posters and prints, another designer who Is at the top of my list and probably always will be is Keaton Henson. Keatons style of illustration is very dark, he uses lots of repetitive linework to add texture to his work and I think this is what appeals to me the most.
Whats plans do you have for 2011?
2011, I want to get a European Railcard and travel around Europe, smash the first year of my course and move into my new house, oh and make sure I draw more!


No comments:

Post a Comment