Wednesday 25 May 2011

Speaking From experience

After producing my series of quotes i started to think about how my audience would view them and how they would digest what they are going to be reading. When i first arrived at the college I was nervous about meeting people and everything was very new so i didn't really know what to expect. If i was to bombard next years first years with scary facts about the course then this is more likely to put them off than to encourage them for the year ahead. I Wanted to keep my quotes humorous by at the same time informative.

I spotted a post on facebook from somebody on our course saying that it is not essential to buy a mac in your first year. Underneath another user had replied, yeah but it does make you feel good. I thought this was so so so true because At the start of the course I did exactly that. This was my new starting point.






Using Futura Definitely didn't work, the typeface just didn't flow nicely with the handwritten lettering at the bottom of my page in comparison to Myriad Pro.  However the blue is very eye catching against the grey and this could be a consideration.



No comments:

Post a Comment