Sunday 15 May 2011

Speaking From experience...Developing my Ideas

After speaking to John on Thursday i wanted to jump straight in and start produce something more visual than just collecting research. I started by taking the one message that i thought was most important and had helped to guide me through my first year of graphic design that being some of the first words we heard in a lecture on Day one. I thought this would be a good starting point for my project to progress.

FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS GRAPHIC DESIGN IS YOUR LIFE


I started by hand drawing my lettering onto an a1 sheet to scan in and work from. Aligning all the letters was a difficult task and i found my end result wasn't as accurate as I'd hoped.

Variations of my hand drawn Type;




I wasnt to happy with these variations because the letters just didnt seem to flow as well as i wanted them to. 
I took the quote i was using and started using a simple typeface such a Futura to play about more accurately with my layout.



After hand drawing a few Ideas on paper i then started to produce my design on illustrator.



Here are a few of my final Ideas.




I am quite happy with my end result at the moment, especially in blue. The message is direct and communicates a valuable point, however it still needs tweaking. i think it was a bad idea to use paper textures as this is become more and more generic everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment