Sunday 22 April 2012

IMAGE // Self Initiated brief : Development

 My main typeface is going to consist of lots of hand drawn subject matter built around the Futura font family. Below are a few of my first initial sketches. I've tried to use subject matter such as, skateboards, pens, spray cans, vinyls, scrap metal etc. A range of things that aren't necessarily associated but when placed next to each other work as a set. The issuu document below covers some of the subject matter I started to draw from.



 


After sketching out most of my letters to a state that I was happy with I began to transfer them across to work with in photoshop. Alike to the process I talked about early I'm using the threshold tool and colour range selector to completely separate out each letter into a black and white rasterized shape. I decided to work in pencil first, then outlining the main shapes using biro later to be thickened with a fine liner.











No comments:

Post a Comment