Sunday 22 April 2012

IMAGE // Self Initiated brief : Progression

After separating out each one of my characters, I began to work my typeface on a whole, producing some Ideas for my final posters. Below is some of my experimentation, I feel like overall there are a few tweaks to some of the letters that I would like to re-draw and re-make.




I then went onto using some colour to bring my typeface to life a little bit. Having a solid white backdrop doesn't give them any definition, I think sticking to my 4 colour scheme and working around the contours of the letters will add much more depth and make them stand out on the page when printed. 




Other colour ways;


 

I'm reasonably happy with my results so far, I think I just need to finally decided on the format of its presentation. As I will be making a publication to explain each typeface I decided to create a repeat pattern/cover page that would fit in nicely with the aesthetics of my typeface.

I think this would look really crisp printed onto acetate or tracing paper, possibly as an inlay sheet for my publication or even as part of my posters.



















No comments:

Post a Comment