Monday 13 February 2012

IDENT TWO

My second ident similar to my first consists of the theme of being submerged. This time rather than using illustrations and type I want to use a selection of photographs. The first 2 seconds will seem like the viewer is watching a camera sinking beneath the surface of the sea, to float downwards and see the program information.


I found a really good piece of sound to use, that fits perfectly with the time lined sequence. I played around with a couple of filters in audacity to normalize the wave length and height of my sound clip then brought it across to use in After effects.


From 0.00 to 1.00 my video goes through a sequence of flashing images to create the effect of submerging. I collected a range of royalty free images, cropping and zooming in on aspects of them to get snap shots from above and underneath a wave. I used a Gaussian blur filter to create transitions from image to image as shown below.

I kept the point of interest at the same point throughout the first second but placed the images at different positions upon the z axis. Therefore some appeared much more blurry than others, adding to my whole submerging feel. 
I kept the time of each image being on screen to a minimum by shortening their duration, as you can see the very staggered staircase looking layout in my composition panel. In the last few milliseconds of each photo being on screen I lowered their opacity to allow the other images to blend into the frame.


 My video so far;



After this 1.00 second period the camera pans down the final image to reveal the national geographic logo in the distance. The camera logo then changes position and starts to head towards the camera eventually going past viewpoint by 4.00 seconds. Screenshots can be seen below.







No comments:

Post a Comment