Monday 13 February 2012

IDENT TWO...Further Devlopment

In the second part of my 10 second Ident I want the program listing and times to ripple on as if they were floating underwater. As seen in the drawings below. 


I created this effect In after effects using the Organic ripple preset. I changed the radius of the ripple to cover the whole of my sentence and used the centre of ripple option to centre the pulsating in the middle of my work. I found because of the natural flow of the type this had to be slightly offset to the left hand side. Other alterations included changing the Wave speed, Width and Height because at its preset this lacked impact, by slowing down the wave speed and height the ripple was much more subtle and the word became a lot more readable.


Stages of type over 1 second;







From my drawings I had originally planned having the rippling text moving from right to left however when on screen this just didn't quite sit right. I felt it looked much better just having the type centered, rather than over complicating things.

No comments:

Post a Comment