Monday 14 May 2012

Product Range Distribution // Project Development

Since the crits I've began working on the re-branding of the Don't Flop Logo, I'm trying to go for a vintage circus approach to type working with lettering that is very intricate and detailed. Below are a few of the outcomes I've completed so far.


I've started by using the typeface Freeroad, A snas serif typeface that I create 5 simple layers out of to produce the logo below. However when getting feedback I think if I want to stick to Don't Flops English routes, The logo below is far to American. 







I tried to take a different approach to their logo re-design. Sticking to their current logo where the D and the F are interlinked, I recreated the logo keeping the letters locked but using letters that could relate to British Heritage of being very royal and prestigious.  Below are a few of my drawing sheets, including some further Ideas for the planning of my publication. I intend to create a pack where individually each page becomes a collectable piece of printed media, ideal for fans of Don't Flop who want something they can physically keep and collect.

-Pictures Of sheets-













Below, I've created a few more experimental pages trying out my logo as a repeat pattern and how it looks on top of a series of different colours. I think the logo works really well with the top and bottom sections as two different colours. The gradient really helps to bring out the shapes of the letters.




Page Layouts;







No comments:

Post a Comment