Monday 14 February 2011

Collection of 100 Packaging

After producing my final designs i decided that i needed to concentrate on how i was going to present my product to my target market. I have come to the conclusion that building a box to house my books would be slightly too time consuming and not as practical as I initially thought. A box is usually used to contain something of mass, so therefore if i had say 6 or 7 books a box would be more appropriate. Instead i am going to produce a sleeve that slips round the books simply to serve the purpose of keeping them together.

I wanted the sleeve to be eyecatching but at the same time very simple and readable as its only there to house my books. Because each book cover is a different colour i thought it would be necessary to stick to using black and white rather than over complicating there visual appeal. 
I started by drawing a few ideas on paper of how i wanted my sleeve to look then i replicated them in illustrator, testing the sleeve design against my front covers to see whether the design worked. 


Initial Drawings




Illustrator Ideas



Outcome


No comments:

Post a Comment