Sunday 13 February 2011

First mock up book- Collection of 100

After drawing up all my designs in illustrator i decided to make a mock up of how my final book would look. Below are some pictures of how i decided to layout my pages in illustrator overlapping the vector guitar files that i had created.





These are 3 screen shots of the layout for 12 of my a5 pages. I designed each page on an A4 artboard so that when printed i could just fold each page without having to ruin the quality of the print by sticking pages together.

Below are some photos of my mini mock up book.




When putting my layout together in illustrator I changed the opacity of each of my shapes so i got a two toned effect when overlapping each image. I think this works well and is a theme i am going to continue throughout my books.









After making my mock up book i realized there was a few creases within my design that would need to be ironed out. Firstly when i realized how time consuming printing and making my book using a standard colour printer was I started to have doubts about how realistic it would be to screen print all of my 4 books.  Each book would consist of 25 pages and this would be repeated 4 times to get my 100. If each page is A4 and then folded into 2 this means i would have to screen print over 50 times to achieve what I had aimed at the start of my project. As screen printing wasn't practical at this stage i decided to print all my books digitally, this way i could save time when printing and produce a much more crisp finish using a selection of different papers

Other faults i came across when making my book was that the print didn't stretch out to all of the edges of the paper. This was a simple mistake to correct in the printing options in illustrator but due to human error my work had already printed out before noticing.

Otherwise i am really happy with my mock up and this has given me the motivation to produce my other 3 guitar designs ready to print and produce my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment