Tuesday 27 November 2012

Escobar Cantina // Mexican Sugar Skull Drawings

Escobar Want me and Sadie to Produce some wall pieces to correspond with our Mexican Map, As the restaurant is Mexican and they want to use a lot of colour we decided to Look at the Mexican day of the dead, A celebration of the deceased, looking at sugar skulls and skeletons. Below are 3 Illustrations I produced looking at the human skull and mexican Patterns, Contrary to how I usual work I produced my drawing in three layers so that it would be easy to separate on Photoshop, one single line drawing, one of the fill pattern and one of the shading done in dots.

These will eventually be taken to laser cut experimenting with cutting the designs into wood.



 Below are a series of different colour experimentation pieces, just using my illustrations as complete set of layers but changing the tone of each layer. Eventually we will be taking these to laser cut to experiment with how they look cut out in wood.








No comments:

Post a Comment