Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Universes Pupils // Branding & Type Experimentation

Digital Experimentation
So far My ideas for the universes pupils have stemmed form lots of different places. I want to communicate a clean minimal identity to represent the company as being cleant and attentive to the finer details in terms of clothing. I wanted to use a sans serif typeface and create a logo that could be universally used across tags and labels.



Below are screenshots of some of the digital experiments I've been working on, experimenting with layout and how the word brand reads as a whole and separated out into three different lines.

Layout Ideas/Form




In terms of weight and stoke, I want my logo to be quite thick so that when screen printing the letters are clear to read. The Weight I've chosen to use is 4pt as seen in the very bottom example below.
The ideas below show my experimentation with exposing and restricting areas of my type, I think this negative and positive space makes your mind think more about where the hidden parts of the letters would be. The Universes Pupils is about being open minded and equal, I like the idea of getting my audience to almost subliminally think about the space in a logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment