Sunday 8 January 2012

Drop 2

After studying a few tutorials on the Adobe Website and getting my head around using anchor points appropriately and so they worked well on a scale of time, I wanted to add more depth to my very basic moving letters on screen. Most of my drawings are 3d within the frame I'm working with on paper so I began to experiment with 3d effects in AE, taking beveled and embossed letters from Photoshop through into After Effects.

Working with 3D lettering in After effects:





The preset 3d settings in After effects really don't do it for me, they're much too limited. However if you change the Forces and Gravity settings within the preset 'shatter' effect to zero you can alter now use these properties inline with the camera angle properties to make an object appear 3D. The Bevel and emboss emphasizes the perspective I wanted it to be shot from, hence not having the rest of my video's using the same technique.


Still need to control the speed of which the letters fall into frame, The O and P are a little jerky, but this can be sorted pretty easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment