Monday 16 January 2012

Drop Number Three

My 3rd video was designed basically to further experiment with my use of camera's and get my head around how the focal range and zoom features worked within after effects. For this sequence I had planned to have my type falling from behind the viewing point of the camera, falling downwards and appearing from behind the viewers head.


The first 2.5 seconds of the video consisted of all the main manipulations to the movement of my type, following with the camera further panning out to exaggerate height and distance. The screenshots below highlight the key frames of my composition;
 





When working with lights, all the layers you want to cast shadows need to be a 3d layer in order to be able to turn on/off the ability to cast shadows. When working the material options drop down there are a number of options to toggle with the appearance of the layer you are working with, for example the qualities It will have when using a light, shininess etc. On my first attempt as seen below I changed the properties of the letter D so that the shininess was reduced, however I didn't change any of the other letters. Good example showing the difference between the two options.





The final stage I'm at with my video is embedded below, There's still a few tweaks that need to be done, Lorraine showed me how to smoothen out the pace that my camera moves show that all my movements flow comfortably within the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment