Monday 30 January 2012

IMAGE // Type as Image : Your relationship will soon be over

 For this A1 print I wanted to portray the words I'd chosen from an Ex boyfriends point of view creating something similar to a ransom letter. I started by printing out a selection of letters from different typefaces and digitally drawing letters to print out and work with by hand. Below are a few scans of the words I produced by hand ready to re-work in photoshop.






 I used ink and biro to scratch into certain letters and clear tape to roughly tape each letter down, with the hope that some of the shadows from the tape would be picked up when scanning. I used the threshold tool in photoshop to separate the blacks and the whites from the image. When arranged on an A1 format I wanted the words to have as much impact as possible, so constructing a layout that I was happy with which also stood out as much as possible took a considerable amount of time. A few of my experiments are below.



When considering stock, I want to print my final outcome on light grey sugar paper or a light off-white shade around 80gsm. It's a shame we can't print our own stock in the Mac suites anymore, that was perfect for experimentation! However the final arrangement of my work is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment