Tuesday 8 November 2011

Design Sheets/Ongoing Progression

After having my tutorial during reading week I realized my project was lacking a lot of different things and there were area's that needed researching and thinking about properly. I hadn't grasps the fact that we could push the boundaries of our work in whatever direction we wanted and all I needed to do was to think a little more outside the box.

I still want to produce a guide to spray painting, However by producing lots of drawings and sheets I have come to conclude that I want to make, a sort of vandalism starter pack, or a taboo guide to spray paint. This would take shape shoebox size, or to a similar format and contain guides/tips/tricks/help on spraypainting, covering the main aspects of graffiti such as techniques, paint, caps, evading police etc. Take it with a pinch of salt.







What will My pack Include (Possible Ideas);

-Wallet pack for valuables,
-Spray Paint Guide
-Tagging/Handstyles Guide
-Head Torch
-Do's And Dont's guide
-sticker pack
-Postcards of Legal Walls
-Marker Pens
-Caps

3 Books

My Three books will be the main aspect of my starter pack, They will cover Caps+Tags, Cans+Walls and pieces+techniques, 2 subjects per book split into 3 books. I want them to all have the same aesthetic feel, using dark colours, and possibly a repeat pattern etc.

Stock Considerations

200GSM front cover, or possibly thicker,
100GSM inside pages, possibly thinner, depending on how my experiments work.


 

Caps

As I wanted my pack to teach the techniques of spray painting, one of them being how to manage can control and how to use different caps I wanted my pack to contain a selection of different caps for people to experiment with and use.

Below is a few ideas of how I would want to house my caps, remembering to keep consistent with my 3 books and remain as simplistic but effective as possible. I thought an acetate window could be manipulated in various different ways so that I could present my caps in an interesting way.



Sticker Pack

My target audience is going to be males and females aged 17-25 from a creative background who have an interest in starting spray painting, What better way to advertise my brand than giving them a sticker pack to slap my logo around towns and cities. When I drew the 150 logos earlier in the project There was so many others I was happy with and would like to push further forward, by making a sticker pack this will give me the leeway to do this.


Balaclava

A screen printed balaclava with my repeat pattern or logo printed onto the material, My plan is to get a net of a balaclava to start with and see whether it would be plausible to make.


Hidden Pens


In my pack I want to include a range of pens for my customers to use after they've read my tagging guide.  Here are a few innovative ways I thought i could disguise them.



Tips and Tricks Cards

Glossy, playing card style handouts with information on paint tips, techniques, what to look out for etc.

Print considerations, A1 print, with all my cards on one sheet, glossy, 240GSM.


Dry Wipe Blank Book

The main way you're going to get good at developing a hand style is writing, writing and writing some more, and nobody wants to be wasting piles and piles of paper. I thought A blank dry wipe tagging book would be a good tool to use for people to practice writing their name/moto over and over again without creating any evidence for police to find and without becoming surrounded by lots of scrunched up pieces of paper.

Print Considerations- Blank Acetate front cover, 160-200gsm card, Digital print for front cover or possibly pad print.


Hand Gel


There's nothing worse than walking into your house and your parents commenting on your fingernails being covered in spray paint. I thought an ideal way to cope with this problem would be to give out a hand gel in my pack that removes spray paint easily and works similar to an anti-bacterial hand gel.


Promotional Material 

The main aspect of my promotional material is my wrap around cap sleeve for spray cans. This would be a sleeve of card/paper that will wrap around cans that are being sold in paint shops, It will have some quick tips and guides on a selection of 5/6 caps with a link in the bottom right hand corner to my brand gloss and other products available. I thought this would be ideal to appeal to the right auidience (people buying paint) plus as there isn't anything to do with caps on any spray cans I've researched so far I think this would definitely get people reading.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment