Tuesday 15 November 2011

Trying out my spot varnish technique

I was lay in bed thinking of ways I could spot varnish a piece of print without spending loads with a print company or buying in special materials, I thought of using clear spray paint and a stencil, PVA glue, sticky back plastic but the idea that seemed most logical was using clear nail varnish. I applied the nail varnish to a black on black print of my logo using a paint brush and the results actually turned out really well. 


Black print on black sugar paper. Digitally printed. Photograph doesn't quite capture how it truly looks.


This is the black print on black paper with nail varnish ontop, Again the picture doesnt do the nail varnish much justice, without a bright camera flash if the nail varnish catches the light it looks almost like the real thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment