Tuesday 15 November 2011

Designing and building my box

The main housing for my spray paint starter guide was the first thing people would see when looking at it, therefore I wanted to make this as intriguing as possible. My designs are below, I thought of lots of various ways of housing my product, but I came to the conclusion that rather than having it made from paper based/card based stock I wanted to use a different material so that it contrasted with the mainly printed products inside. I decided that the inside tray would be made from wood, and then the wrapping would be a paper sleeve. below is my development.

A few of my designs/ideas;




Preparing my wood for the assembly of my box






To make sure that the width of each piece of wood was 8mm thick I used some crazy piece of machinery below.


No comments:

Post a Comment