Sunday 20 November 2011

Making my sliding box/draw

After spending time in woodwork and getting all my wood cut down to size and visualizing my box 3d rather than down on paper It was time to start assembling what I was making. I used some wood glue and small nails to tack the corners together then left them in clamps overnight. Heres a few pictures below of where I'm at so far...




I previously printed some samples in the mac suites using tracing paper and a couple of repeat patterns I designed. I wanted to use them as a lining for my draw alike to the lining you get in a shoebox however when it came round to putting the print in my box I found it looked much better cut out and stuck to the walls of the interior.  This is just another littler perk to link all the areas of my branding together, plus it also distracts attention from the plywood bottom, which isn't the nicest of colours or wood finishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment